Sunday, January 11, 2009

New Year and New adventures




So I wanted the first post of the year to be something good, so it will be pictures. On the night before I got on a plane, Mom, Dad, and I were in Anchorage and we stopped to take some pictures of the ice sculptures.

Some of the sculptures were really cool. I enjoyed the both bears. For the bear that we are sitting on (yes we were allowed), you will notice that I am sitting on my hands, which had gloves on which was smart of me. Dad on the other had was sitting on the ice. BURRR! It was 13 below after all. I am grateful for the cold snap however because it meant that we had really good ice sculptures.

The reason that you do not see Mom, is because she sat in the car with the heat on.So this is me wishing everyone a happy new year, and may I say, I LOVE ALASKA!

4 comments:

Patience said...

Mateo says, "Bear. Nit-nee. Eat."

Shaina said...

Cool. I just added to my list of things to do in this life: sit on a 9 foot tall ice sculpture. I hope you have a great New Year too!

Kay said...

Britt... you are incredible, and it was much to cold for me to get out of the car!

Linda Stahr said...

So I love the photos! And I, too, would have been sitting on my hands. Wonderful art, isn't it???