Saturday, April 25, 2009

Leaving you thinking...

One of my students on accident shut my finger in a door. As He was walking out of the room, I couldn't help but mention it one more time. This was his response.

Him: "Miss Pierce, you can't be upset or mad about that."
Me: "Why not?"
Him: "Cause when I was 5, a spider crawled up my boot and bit me on the ankle. And now I am scared of spiders. So you can't be mad."

Then he walked out of the classroom. So just think about trying this technique the next time someone is getting angry or annoyed at you, just tell them they can't be mad because of a totally unrelated event and walk away. Believe me it works. I am still thinking about this story and it happened on Tuesday.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I'm wondering how on earth he thought that was something that would help take your mind off of your finger... but I suppose it worked, didn't it?! I still think you should drive through this part of Oregon on your way back to Alaska. You know... since it's so in the way and all that...