Sunday, February 15, 2015

A new year and a new resolution

At the end of last year, I realized that I was doing a really good job of collecting projects to complete, and a really bad job of actually completing those projects.  Because of this rather abominable lapse of self-motivation, I created a resolution.  This year I have resolved to complete projects each month.  I then went one step further and each month I have set a goal for which kinds of projects I would finish and then would be held accountable here on this blog.

So here is my accounting for January.

January was bag month. I started with this bag, call the Flip-Flap bag.


I could have considered January a sucess after finishing this bag, but while I was in Utah last fall I found a pattern by Kati Cupcake called My Favorite Bag.


I will admit that this pattern was an impulse purchase, but when I saw the bag all sewn up, it seemed like the best of ideas.  I purchased all of the fabric and the interfacing needed in December and then promptly put it all away.  But after finishing the purse, it seemed appropriate to pull the items out and finish.  I LOVE the way it turned out.



I liked it so much I made another.


Sorry for the sideways photo.  

I also sewed a couple of wallets, one for me and one for a friend's birthday, but I did not take any photos. With all these projects accomplished, I am feeling optomistic about February and a month to make qilts.



1 comment:

Kay said...

I think that these are awesome...and I like the blue one the best!