Friday, March 27, 2009

Spring Break Part 1



Welcome to Florida! I was really lucky to have one of my friends and her husband decide to move to Florida. So when spring break rolled around, I asked and they agreed to let me come and visit. I was able to have a lot of fun, new experiences, and even fulfill a dream. I left for Florida on a Friday and got into town that evening. On Saturday we went into the Everglades and went looking for Gators. We ended up waking one of them up and then we all took pictures and watched while he tried to get away. On Monday, Tiffany, Tyler, and I went to the beach. I spent lots of time in the ocean. It was the perfect temperature. I would have stayed in longer, but I was getting all wrinkled. So I got out. I also got a nice sunburn. Yes I had on sunscreen. It is fine now, and after my students realized that I just had a sunburn, they stopped looking to close. On Tuesday we went and visited Butterfly World. It exceeded my expectations. I loved the beautiful plants, the colors of the butterflies and being surprised at every turn. The following pictures are from my trip. And they are backwards. I do not feel like putting them in order. I am sure that if you are looking, then you do not mind too much. Finally just a tip, but Tiffany is much better at taking pictures, and well she has some great ones on her blog. She is listed under my family and friends as Tiffany and Tyler. Enjoy Florida!



Part of the display at Butterfly world was all about birds.



A display of passiflora was worth the trip. There were flowers of every shape and color. It was really beautiful.




Every kind of butterfly, every shape and size, and every color. I felt like I was in some sort of movie. It was an unusual experience to see butterflies of all colors and not just yellow. And I understand about the eyes on the back of the wings.



One of the dreams that was fulfilled here in Florida was my dream of seeing an Alligator and touching it. I was able to do both. I would do it again without hesitation, and well, I would suggest everyone try it someday. This is actually a photo of us looking for a Gator. Here gator, gator, gator...

Thanks to Tiffany and Tyler for the awesome first time experience in Florida. If you want to see more pictures of the gator (one where I am holding him) and the beach since I did not get any pictures of either events, you can visit Tiffany's blog on under my friends and family. It is called Tiffany and Tyler. She really did get some good pictures. So check it out.

1 comment:

Justin said...

Wow. I'm sure Butterfly World is just as exciting as the John M. Browning Museum of Firearms.