Monday, May 3, 2010

What did you learn at church yesterday?

The first Sunday of each month there is an opportunity in our church for members to stand before the congregation and share their testimonies. These are usually about the reality of Christ, or the Atonement, the prophet Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon, or other principles of the gospel. This is what I heard in my testimony meeting yesterday...

"Hi, my name is A***********. I am 27 as of 5 days ago. I am currently unemployed. I am an engineer, and I did have a good job before I decided to quit. I own a house and a car, and I am planning on more education. That being said, will you marry me?"

Don't you all miss going to a singles ward?

4 comments:

Becca Bell said...

WOW!! Was that guy asking someone in particular or was he just hoping someone would say yes? WOW!! I do not miss singles wards!

Patience said...

I think you should go out with him. He sounds like he has a good sense of humor.

Anonymous said...

Well, Miss Brittany - I found your blog! Thanks to Christna, I found Beccas, which lead me to you (and I am so excited) - and you have Janelle! Wow! I feel like I'm finding U-Hall 2nd floor all over again! How are you!?! I've often wondered where you were and what was up with your life! I'm so excited to find out! - Kim (used to be) Hawkins

Unknown said...

that is hilarious!